- Fulfill all requirements for the major in biological sciences with a concentration in ecology and evolutionary biology
- Achieve at least a grade of B in the upper-division concentration courses
- Maintain a concentration GPA of at least 3.5
- Maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.25
- Complete 9 hours of honors-by-contract coursework from EEB 400, EEB 490, EEB 493 and other upper-division ecology and evolutionary biology courses available for major credit in the concentration.
- Complete an EEB 407 Senior Honors Thesis with a thesis to be approved by the student’s committee.
How to get started:
1. Identify a faculty member to work with on a Seniors Honors Thesis! Get advice from your faculty mentor, your grad mentor, or other undergrads in the EEB program.
2. Change your DARS track to EEB Honors. Ask your Biology Advisor to switch you FROM:
3. Keep on top of your GPA!
4. Submit paperwork for Honors-by-Contract courses each semester. Submit an Application Form (due by the end of the third week of semester) and a Completion Form (due by the grade deadline) each semester that you take an honors-by-contract course. Needs a signature from both student and faculty member: https://studentsuccess.utk.edu/honors/honors-by-contract-forms/