Human Health and Environmental Risk Assessor
Bryan College, Dayton, TN (1985-1988) B.S. Natural Science (cum laude)
I am a human health and environmental risk assessor at the University of Tennessee. My work is supported by grants and awards through The Institute for Environmental Modeling in the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. One of my premier projects is The Risk Assessment Information System (RAIS).
My professional mission statement is "Apply risk management practices to ensure implementation of effective and innovative environmental restoration techniques at hazardous waste sites through the development of risk assessment models and establishment of national guidance and policy."
My work with Superfund, developing national guidance and policy, through computational websites, helps me be an effective risk assessor when doing site assessments or reviewing the work of others. Particularly, my involvement with the Regional Screening Levels for chemicals and multiple PRG websites for radionuclides keeps my work state of the art.
- Human Health, Ecological, and Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental Remediation Strategy Maximization
- Computational Platform Development of National Risk Assessment Guidance
Projects I manage:
- The Risk Assessment Information System (RAIS)
- Regional Screening Levels for Chemical Contaminants at Superfund Sites (RSL)
- Regional Removal Management Levels for Chemicals (RML)
- Vapor Intrusion Screening Level) (VISL),
- Radon Vapor Intrusion Screening Level (RVISL)
- Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (PRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides (DCC)
- Building Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (BPRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides in Buildings (BDCC)
- Surface Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (SPRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides in Outdoor Surfaces (SDCC)
- Radiation Conversion (converts activity to cpm) (CPM)
- Radionuclide Decay Chain
- ADEC cleanup level calculator
- ADEC risk calculator
- CERCLA risk assessment preparation
- Web-based calculator and database development and hosting
- Review of human health and environmental risk assessments
Awards and Recognitions
- 2011 Co-recipient of the Risk Management Paper of the Year from the HERA journal.
- Office of Superfund Recognition Award for superior radionuclide and chemical risk support.
- ORNL World-Class Teamwork Award.
See my résumé for complete list.
- Biota Modeling in EPA's Preliminary Remediation Goal and Dose Compliance Concentration Calculators for Use in EPA Superfund Risk Assessment: Explanation of Intake Rate Derivation, Transfer Factor Compilation, and Mass Loading Factor Sources. Prepared by Karessa L. Manning, Fredrick G. Dolislager, and Michael B. Bellamy. Oak Ridge National Laboratory. November 2016. ORNL/TM-2016/328.
- Developing Health-Based Pre-planning Clearance Goals for Airport Remediation Following Chemical Terrorist Attack: Introduction and Key Assessment Considerations. Annetta Watson, Linda Hall, Ellen Raber, Veronique D. Hauschild, Fredrick Dolislager, Adam H. Love, and M. Leslie Hanna. Journal of Human and Ecological Risk Assessment (vol 17, No. 1).
- Developing Health-Based Pre-planning Clearance Goals for Airport Remediation Following a Chemical Terrorist Attack: Decision Criteria for Multipathway Exposure Routes. Annetta Watson, Fredrick Dolislager, Linda Hall, Ellen Raber, Veronique D. Hauschild, and Adam H. Love. Journal of Human and Ecological Risk Assessment (vol 17, No. 1).