Environmental Risk Analyst
- A.S. Geosciences, Western Nevada College, Carson City, NV, 2010
- B.S. Geology and Environmental Studies, Minor in Geography, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 2015
Since 2013 I have been an environmental risk analyst progressing from an internship at ORNL to full time employment with the University of Tennessee in 2015. My work is supported by grants and awards through The Institute for Environmental Modeling in the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. In this position I manage and execute quality assurance protocols for online tools funded by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These tools measure exposure risk in diverse scenarios, including resident, recreator, farmer, and worker exposure to radionuclides and chemicals.
My previous internship with the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) from 2008 – 2011 and my current work with the Superfund program, has fueled my passion for environmental quality and sustainability. In the future, I would like to work toward mitigating water issues and develop my leadership skills for environmental project management. I am currently a graduate student at the University of Tennessee, in the Department of Geography studying GIS, GIS programming, and water quality issues.
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental Remediation
- Water Quality Planning and Pollution Control
- GIS and GIS Programming
Projects I support:
- The Risk Assessment Information System (RAIS)
- Regional Screening Levels for Chemical Contaminants at Superfund Sites (RSL)
- Regional Removal Management Levels for Chemicals (RML)
- Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (PRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides (DCC)
- Building Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (BPRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides in Buildings (BDCC)
- Surface Preliminary Remediation Goals for Radionuclides (SPRG)
- Dose Compliance Concentrations for Radionuclides in Outdoor Surfaces (SDCC)
- CERCLA risk assessment preparation
- Web-based calculator and database development
- Poster: Biota modeling in EPA’s PRG and DCC calculators at Society for Risk Analysis (SRA) – 2016 conference.
- Biota Modeling in EPA's Preliminary Remediation Goal and Dose Compliance Concentration Calculators for Use in EPA Superfund Risk Assessment: Explanation of Intake Rate Derivation, Transfer Factor Compilation, and Mass Loading Factor Sources. Prepared by Karessa L. Manning, Fredrick G. Dolislager, and Michael B. Bellamy. Oak Ridge National Laboratory. November 2016. ORNL/TM-2016/328.